Paul has a strong working knowledge of budgets and funding processes in Local Government. Recurrent capital and operational budgets are often constrained and insufficient to achieve the required outcomes.
At Lake Macquarie City Council, Paul successfully put forward budget requests to fund several significant initiatives including:
- Swim centre plant room upgrades;
- Irrigation system replacement works;
- Irrigation system modernisation projects;
- Irrigation system maintenance program;
- Soil rectification works at Feighan Oval, Warners Bay;
- Sports field playing surface (turf) upgrades.
While at Lake Macquarie City Council, Paul has also successfully managed grant applications and projects with funding obtained from external funding providers.